Premier Guarantee offer a Commercial Warranty (also referred to as Latent Defects Insurance) for a wide range of non residential buildings including supermarkets, offices, hotels, care homes, medical buildings and many more.
We work with developers and commercial property owners who are undertaking new building projects as well as offering latent defects insurance cover for partially built or completed commercial buildings and mixed use developments.
Commercial Warranty key features:
- 10 or 12 year Structural Warranty cover (12 year cover available if Contract is Under Seal)
- Full risk transfer in from year one of cover*
- Includes protection for external car parks and associated drainage
- Cover as standard for additional costs, removal of debris and professional fees
- Additional cover available for seepage, business interruption and loss of rent payable or receivable
- Waiver of subrogation rights for RIBA and CIAT members
There are various benefits to taking out a commercial warranty alongside any existing protection you may have (such as collateral warranties). These include:
- A full risk transfer* policy from year one of cover - even if the contractor/builder ceases trading or enters into administration (collateral warranties are usually invalidated in the event of signatory insolvency)
- Removes the need to provide proof of negligence, only proof of defect is needed to make a claim
- Time and money is saved on potential costly litigation needed for resolving disputes relating to inherent defects
If you use Collateral Warranties, make sure you're protecting your developments with our Collateral Warranty Insurance.
* The first 12 months of cover is excluded in respect of claims relating to the waterproof envelope, roads and/or car parks